Holy Angels / Our Lady of the Angels is a permanently closed Catholic parish in Kinloch, MO. The parish was founded in 1931. The parish closed in 2002.
- Year founded: 1931
- Year closed: 2002 (71 years)
- Territory merged into: St. Bartholomew - Hazelwood
Holy Angels, a.k.a. Our Lady of the Angels, was established in Kinloch, aka Angelum, Robertson, in 1931. Located at 8122 Scott Avenue, its second church was built in 1952. It served as a Jesuit Mission from 1923-1931, and was staffed by Jesuits. In 1952 archdiocesan priests became its pastors. Its school was run by the School Sisters of Notre Dame (1931-1955) and later the Oblates of Providence (1955+), followed by a lay staff.
The original church was demolished around the time the second church building was built (1952).
- Genealogical Society
- First School, Last Hope: the Story of Holy Angels Parish (2017)
- Holy Angels information, 1983
Do you have additional information on this closed parish? Please share it with us so we can include it here.
Main image copyright St. Louis Catholic Archdiocese Archives