Immaculate Conception is a permanently closed Catholic parish in St. Mary, MO. The parish was founded in 1874. The parish closed in 2018.
- Year founded: 1874
- Year closed: 2018 (144 years)
- Territory merged into: Sacred Heart - Ozora (Currently Open)
When the parish closed in 2018, it was converted to Immaculate Conception Chapel maintained by the St. Mary Immaculate Conception Church Preservation Society, which works to preserve the landmark while continuing to share the Catholic faith.
A small frame church was built in 1855, replaced by a new building in 1887.
The cornerstone for the current church building was laid on September 11, 1887 by Msgr PP Brady.
- Final Sunday Mass at Immaculate Conception in St. Mary (April 15, 2018)
- St. Mary Immaculate Conception Church Preservation Society
- Immaculate Conception Parish 1874-1974
- Immaculate Conception Parish 1889-1989
- Wicks Organ Co. (Opus 531, 1924) in Immaculate Conception Church
Do you have additional information on this closed parish? Please share it with us so we can include it here.