St. Augustine is a permanently closed Catholic parish in St. Louis City, MO. The parish was founded in 1874. The parish closed in 1982.
- Year founded: 1874
- Year closed: 1982 (108 years)
The property was purchased in 1982 by Christ Baptist Church, which sold the building to the Last Awakening Outreach Center, which utilized both the church and rectory until 2014. Afterward, the church sat vacant until February 2020, when a non-profit organization, Project Augustine, purchased the property, saving it from auction.
- St. Louis Patina - St. Augustine
- Built St. Louis - St. Augustine's Roman Catholic Church
- Former St. Augustine Catholic Church - Missouri Preservation
- Project Augustine
- An update on Project Augustine - St. Louis Magazine
- St. Augustine - National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form (1986)
Do you have additional information on this closed parish? Please share it with us so we can include it here.
Main image copyright Project Augustine