St. Bridget of Erin is a permanently closed Catholic parish in St. Louis City, MO. The parish was founded in 1853. The parish closed in 2003.
- Year founded: 1853
- Year closed: 2003 (150 years)
- Territory merged into: Sts. Teresa and Bridget - St. Louis (Currently Open)
Formed from St. Patrick parish. Merged with St. Teresa to form Sts. Teresa and Bridget at Saint Teresa location.
The building was demolished in 2016.
- Genealogical Society
- Demolition of St. Bridget of Erin, one of the oldest churches in St. Louis - STL Today
- St. Bridget of Erin - St. Louis Magazine
- This Place Mattered – St. Bridget of Erin in St. Louis
- Other Near-North Churches May Follow St. Patrick's Demolition, St. Louis Post Dispatch, December 30, 1973
Do you have additional information on this closed parish? Please share it with us so we can include it here.
Main image copyright St. Louis Catholic Archdiocese Archives