St. Casimir is a permanently closed Catholic parish in St. Louis City, MO. The parish was founded in 1889. The parish closed in 1955.
- Year founded: 1889
- Year closed: 1955 (66 years)
- Territory merged into: St. Casimir - Hathaway Manor
Formed out of Saint Stanislaus. In 1889, Father Gnielinski found an empty two story building on 8th and Mound Streets, used formerly as a Protestant Church which he manged to buy for the sum of $5,000 and had Vicar-general Brady bless two days after the purchase. The building was renovated with the upper story serving as a Church and the lower being turned into a school that immediately acquired 60 pupils who were taught by a Richard Budo, the first teacher.
Parish moved to Saint Louis County.
Building razed for highway construction
Do you have additional information on this closed parish? Please share it with us so we can include it here.
Main image copyright Dedication of New St. Casimir, The Prince Church (Book, https://slpl.bibliocommons.com/v2/record/S116C713766)