St. Mary of Victories is a closed Catholic parish in St. Louis City, MO. The parish was founded in 1860. The parish closed in 2005 and was reopened as a personal parish.
- Year founded: 1860
- Year closed: 2005 (145 years)
- Reopened as: St. Mary of Victories
Closed as a parish in 2005 and reopened as a chapel.
Located at 744 South 3rd St., St. Mary of Victories Church is one of the oldest churches in the City of St. Louis. The church was the second Catholic church to be constructed in the city after the Old Cathedral. Architect Franz Solar designed the church in a combination of Roman and Egyptian Revival styles. The church became a City Landmark in 1971.
- Parish Website
- St. Mary of Victories Architecture
- Arch City Religion
- Rome of the West (2006)
- St. Mary of Victories Church - City Landmark #53
- Built St. Louis
- St. Mary of Victories - National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form (1980)
- Nine Parishes Get New Roles - North Post, June 2005
Do you have additional information on this closed parish? Please share it with us so we can include it here.