Sts. Mary and Joseph is a closed Catholic parish in St. Louis City, MO. The parish was founded in 1821. The parish closed in 2005 and was reopened as a personal parish, Sts. Mary and Joseph Chapel.
- Year founded: 1821
- Year closed: 2005 (184 years)
- Reopened as: Sts. Mary and Joseph Chapel
- Territory merged into: St. Stephen Protomartyr - St. Louis (Currently Open)
Originally outside of Saint Louis city limits until annexation of Carondelet in 1870. In 2005, closed as a parish and reopened as a chapel. In 2022, the altar was removed and the church was relegated to profane but not sordid use (building was listed for sale).
Interactive virtual images
- Genealogical Society
- Sts. Mary and Joseph Chapel - Official Site
- Nine Parishes Get New Roles - North Post, June 2005
- Decree 2022-04-04
- Decree on Saints Mary and Joseph Chapel, 2022-04-04
- Sts. Mary & Joseph - Specialty Property For Sale (archived 2022)
Do you have additional information on this closed parish? Please share it with us so we can include it here.